Tuesday 27 July 2021

Floating display card




 Happy Christmas in July!!

I am kicking off my Christmas in July mini series with my Floating Display Card.

Several people have asked how I made it so I thought I would share a tutorial so you can create them too!

A video tutorial is available here 

https://youtu.be/cIA9QLgwnWY

The base is a piece of cardstock measuring 12 9" and scored at 2,4,8 & 10" on the Longside. 

Rotate and score at 1 1/2 and 7 1/2" on the short side. 

Using a trimmer or craft knife cut from the 2" scoreline to the 10" scoreline on the scorelines in the short side.


The measurements for the mirror card is as follows: 

Two pieces of 1 7/8 × 8 7/8"

Four pieces of 1 7/8 × 1 3/8"

Two pieces of 3 7/8 × 1 3/8"

Two pieces of 1 7/8 × 5 7/8"

One piece of 3 7/8 × 5 7/8"

You do not have to use Mirror board you could use plain cardstock or miss that part out completely it is entirely down to your preference. 

The DSP measurements are as follows:

Two pieces of 1 3/4 × 8 3/4"

Four pieces of 1 3/4 × 1 1/4"

Two pieces of 3 3/4 × 1 1/4"

Two pieces of 1 3/4 × 5 3/4"

One piece of 3 3/4 × 5 3/4"

I used Craft Consortium Nativity collection which is available to order from https://www.craftconsortium.com/shop


I hope will enjoy creating this as much as I have.

If you do re create this card please do tag me on social media so I can see your creations.
Happy Crafting 
Xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment