Saturday, 28 November 2020

Nativity box scene


For the final week of my Christmas mini series I decided to create a nativity scene  which had three different ways to display it. 

I took the exploding box concept and adapted it to suit my project. A video of the project being created is linked below.

The measurements for the basic box were from Mixed up Craft but the adaptions are my own.

I have used the characters from Nativity by Craft Consortium and Helz Cuppleditch, the Dsp for the outside of the stable is from Cottage Garden which again is by Craft Consortium and Helz Cuppleditch, the stamp for the inside walls is by Docrafts.

Card Base:

4 pieces of 4 × 9" card, score on the longside at 4"

The lid is one piece of 8 × 8" cardstock scored at 1" and 2" on all four sides.

The Dsp has all been cut down by the smallest amount as I didn't require a boarder.

The circle dies used are 2 5/8" for the window, 3 1/4" for the acetate.

I also used a magnet for the closure and have since ordered rice lights to light the box from the inside.