Tuesday 10 December 2019

Triple Time Stamping with a twist



Hello and welcome to my blog, this week I am sharing a card I made using the Triple Time stamp technique in a slightly unconventional way.

Normally  you would have one central image for this technique but as you can see I changed it up and used several smaller images instead and I think it looks really effective!

As always I have linked the video from my YouTube channel at the end.

For this card I have used:

One 6 x 6" card blanc
White card cut to - 5" square, 4" square and 3" square
Red card cut to - 5 1/4" square, 4 1/4" square and 3 1/4" square
One piece of Mirri card cut to 5 3/4" square
Christmas stamps from my Stash
Spectrum Noir Sparkle inks
Tim Holtz distress ink Scattered Straw
Dovecraft pigment ink in gold
Momento black tuxedo ink
Glue
A water brush
Low tack adhesive e.g. washi tape

Method

Stack the 3 pieces of white card, largest to smallest leaving an even boarder.  Secure in place using the washi tape.

Take 4 different stamps and position them in the corners ensuring the lay across all 3 pieces of card.
Using the momento ink stamp the images, you may need to re ink and re stamp a couple of times to get a clear image. Use the gold pigment ink to stamp a sentiment in the middle of the images.

Use the scattered straw distress ink as a watercolour and fill in the background.
Using the Spectrum Noir Sparkle inks colour in the stamped images.

While this is drying stamp a sentiment inside the card and attach the mirri card to the front of your card base.

Separate the pieces of card that you have previously stamped on and attach them to their corresponding red piece of card. Once this is done you need to reassemble your stack, pick one of your images ( I used my gingerbread man) and make sure the lines match up as you stack each layer, this should have a knock on effect for the other three images however if you use wet glue you will have some thinking time if you want to move anything. I started with the smallest layer and worked my way down the stack.

All that is left to do now is a fix the layered project to your card base and embellish if required.

https://youtu.be/_2WFxVlVhq0




No comments:

Post a Comment